Sausage breakfast cups
There is no better way to wake up in the morning than with the comforting aroma of breakfast sausage sizzling on the griddle. If you are like so many family’s mornings are hectic. That is why I love these little sausage cups. They are the perfect portion size for a hearty morning meal. The best part is that they can be made ahead of time and reheated for a quick and easy breakfast on busy mornings.
· 1 roll of Sausage or 8 prepackaged sausage patties
· 6 eggs or 8 whole eggs
· Salt and pepper
1. Spray muffin tin’s with vegetable spray.
2. Shape the sausage into patties big enough to cover the bottom of the muffin pan and overlap a little. “I used wax paper sprayed with vegetable oil to keep the sausage from sticking to shape the patties”.
3. Break the eggs in a bowl stir and add a little milk or cream to make them fluffy. You can use whole eggs just crack the eggs into the sausage patties.
4. Pour each sausage cup about 1/2 full of the egg mixture, veggies, salt and pepper to taste, and top with cheese.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the eggs are cooked and cheese is melted.