Pumpkin Spice Scones
Fall is almost here and that means pumpkin spices season is not far off. These scones are infused with warm autumn flavors. Scones are tender and crumbly treats with rich cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. They are a balance of sweetness and warm spices that make you think of a crisp fall day.
This recipe is so easy you can whip them up in just a few minutes. First gather your ingredients and supplies.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp. pumpkin spice seasoning
1/2 cup cold butter cut into small chunks.
2/3 cup milk.
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
Pastry blender or fork
· Preheat oven to 400*
· Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin seasoning.
· Using a pastry blender or fork mix the butter in the flour mixture until it resembles pea size.
· Stir in the milk until mixed well (don’t overmix)
· Fold in the pumpkin puree just until mixed together.
· Put the dough on a floured surface and knead four or five times.
· Pat the dough out in a 7’ circle and cut into 8 triangles.
· Put the scones on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
· Brush the tops with a little milk or cream and sprinkle with turbinado sugar or granulated sugar.
· Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
These scones are best eaten within a day or two. There are no preservatives so they will not keep as long as storebought. Keep the scones refrigerated and microwave for about 20 seconds. Great spread with butter or honey and enjoy.
Visit me on Facebook, and Youtube,
Justinas Country Kitchen