Apple Cranberry Crumble
Justina Price27 days ago
Apple Cranberry Crumble-The Perfect Fall Dessert
When the leaves start to change color and the air gets a little bit crisper, it can only mean one thing: fall is here! And with fall comes all the wonderful things with it, like pumpkin spice everything, pumpkin patches, hayrides, and of course, apples and cranberries.
Apples and cranberries are the perfect combination for any fall dessert. The sweetness of the apple pairs perfectly with the tartness of the cranberries, and together they create a flavor that is truly unique.
I will give the recipe for ½ Crumble and for a full Crumble, and of course it can be tripled or more for a group.
· 1/2 Crumble:
· 2 cups of fresh apples.
· 1/2 cup fresh cranberries.
· 1 tsp lemon juice poured over apples.
· 1 cup sugar.
· ½ tsp cinnamon
· 1/2 box yellow cake mix.
· 1/2 stick of butter softened.
· Full crumble
· 4 cups of fresh apples.
· 1 cup fresh cranberries.
· 1 tbsp. lemon juice poured over the apples.
· 1 ½ cup sugar
· 1tsp. cinnamon
· 1 box of yellow cake mix.
· 1 stick of butter softened.
1. Peel and chop apples, pour lemon juice over them and set aside for a few minutes.
2. Wash the cranberries. Combine the apples and cranberries and cinnamon in a saucepan, pour the sugar over the top and cook low and slow for about 30 minutes until the apples and cranberries are soft.
3. Pour the apple and cranberries into a baking dish.
4. In a mixing bowl add the cake mix and stir together with the butter until it is crumbly.
5. Pour over the fruit mixture.
6. Bake in a 350* oven for about 30 minutes until the crumble is light brown and fruit is bubbly.
1 21oz. can fruit pie filling.
1/2 small can of whole Cranberry sauce,
2 21 oz. can fruit pie filling.
1 small can of whole Cranberry sauce.
Note that there is no need to cook the canned fruit first. Skip to #3 directions.
This article was written with the assistance of AI.